Simply put, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) is the process of supervising a software application from its initial planning stage through its retirement. It also refers as to how the various modifications to an application are documented and tracked. There are multiple ALM tools available today for tracking the application changes. This range starts from dedicated ALM products that supervise an application from inception to its end, sorting out the files automatically into logical sections as changes are marked, to simple wikis that need group members to manually record the changes.
Selecting an ALM Solution Provider
To be able to balance simplicity with feature richness is essential to your team’s acceptance of an Agile Lifecycle Management solution. Though a feature based comparative analysis is crucial to your evaluation, it is also important that you take into consideration the main business factors that will influence your long run success. In this regard, it is essential to verify that your vendor has the in-house know-how and resources to assist you follow Agile to the overall enterprise. Therefore, it is advised that you aim for a top notch market leader whose performance is validated by consumer feedback and case studies, industry analysts and independent research studies. Furthermore, seek a service provider with document success in assisting their end users deploy large-scale Agile transformations.
To eminent companies specializing in product lifecycle management have introduced innovative ALM solutions with unique features. Some of the benefits that these ALM tools offer are:-
· Offers you with a comprehensive traceability matrix and end-to-end integration framework
· Results in efficient communication across the distributed teams and offer a complete transparency into risk management, project health supervision and progress tracking
· Helps the product owners to be in line with a product to real user requirements and accordingly acclimatize the development process
· Operates QA and development cycles in parallel to minimize any gap between the two phases
· Helps to reduce significantly any core defects by following advanced coding practices, such as writing sufficient automated unit tests for every code piece
Finally, though Agile policies and principles appear simple to grasp, it can be quite challenging to translate them into practice. An enterprise can enhance its success with Agile by resorting to training and coaching from Agile experts. A strong vendor can assist you to recognize and deploy pragmatic solutions to the loopholes that functional teams face as they attempt to scale Agile and Lean practices all over the department.
Related Links: Product development services, Product R&D Services