The mobile phone has become more than a necessity today. It has multiple utilities than just simple calling and texting. The internet boom and the growth of mobile technologies have added to the development of mobile application development. This means, today mobile workers are able to work from their mobile phones or smart phones when they are moving from one place to the other. Not only that, the online gaming industry depends on innovative mobile application technologies and makes business on the maximum download percentage.
Most consumers look out for high –end mobiles than just a basic model. They want a phone that would help them in computing when they are not in front of their desktops or laptops. This has resulted in several MNC’s to foray into mobile application development solutions. The scope to create better solutions and applications is increasing each day, as any software that is discovered today needs to be updated after a span of time. As you venture into the market, you will come across several mobile operating platforms for instance Java, Symbian, Android, Windows, Blackberry and the like. The process of mobile application development works toward increasing the productivity level of a mobile.
Top software product development brands nowadays are equipped with the methodologies, tools and the required experience and knowledge that enabled them to establish mobile applications faster and in a cost-effective way. The focus areas are listed below-
- Location-Based Services (LBS)
- Mobile Media Streaming
- Presence & Social Networking
- Messaging & Syncing
- Mobile Advertisement & Ad Engines
- Mobile VoIP
Apart from these, the service providers also have the skill and experience of working with Level A companies and assist them with effective product lifecycle management solutions. Some of the selected mobile application support and development facilities provided by them are listed below-
- Developing mobile applications in J2ME, BREW, Android, iPhone, Symbian, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry
- Conceptualizing mobile applications and eliciting requirements, for instance UI design, prototype, wireframes, user stories
- Designing, developing and testing applications
- Porting mobile applications between platforms and devices
- Developing server-side and infrastructure, including for location & mapping services
- Integrating third-party components on the server side, for instance SMS/MMS, billing, feeds, ads, content and many others
- Integrating carrier, SMSC and billing systems, for instance LBS platform for location determination
- Coordinating with carriers and device manufacturers for mobile application testing and certification, for instance NSTL, Java Verified
- Launching and distributing mobile applications
- Carrier Catalogs and Storefronts
- Providing maintenance and support services
Today the mobile application development industry is a million dollar industry and is only expected to flourish and expand in the coming days, which will serve as a platform fort other companies to make profits.
Also read on - ecommerce solutions, Customer research